VEP Meeting Tonight!
Tuesday, 29 April 2014 15:33
Tuesday, April 29th, 7:30pm. VEP Community Association Membership Meeting, Vista Park Community Room, 475 Hyde Park Drive, 95136. Presentation on Communications Hill development, and plan for arterial roads - Capitol Expressway/Narvaez/Hwy 87 onramp; Vistapark Drive; Curtner Rd; Monterey Rd. Update on Martial Cottle Park and Trail. Plan to attend and bring a friend - open to all!
VEP Community Service Awards
Friday, 11 April 2014 12:53
Friday, 21 March 2014 15:51
- Saturday morning, March 22nd, Vista Park, 8:45am - 12noon. Beautification project at Vista Park starts at 8:45am with registration, snacks and networking. Project to move 150 yards of wood chips/fibar from parking lot to playlots. Equipment provided, wear sturdy shoes, gloves, and a hat. Gunderson students will participate - adult supervisors needed. Will be finished by 12 noon. Come even if you can only help for an hour or two. Contact Dave Fadness at 408-578-6428 or
- Mayoral Candidates Forum - Thursday, March 29th, 7pm, Gunderson High School Theatre. Five candidates will respond to your questions. Plan now to attend and bring a friend!
- Please Note: The regularly scheduled Tuesday meeting is being replaced by the Mayoral Candidates Forum on Thursday, March 27th.
Mayoral Candidates Forum
Monday, 10 March 2014 12:50
VEP is holding a Mayoral Candidates Forum in the theater at Gunderson High School at 7 pm on Thursday, March 27. This event will be co-sponsored by Almaden Winery Neighborhood Association. San Jose's front-running mayoral candidates will attend, tell us about their platforms and answer audience questions. This is your chance to see and hear them in person, side-by-side.
Tuesday, 25 February 2014 07:23
- VEP Meeting, Tuesday, February 25th, 7:30pm. Meeting held at Vista Park Community Room, 475 Hyde Park Drive, SJ 95136. Featured presenters will include Gerry deYoung, who will speak on Almaden Ranch development, including stores, eateries, and other amenities for this new shopping center located at Almaden Expressway and Cherry. Kevin Lee of Our City Forest, will describe opportunity for VEP regarding discounted tree pruning proposal. Ongoing Update on Martial Cottle Park and the perimeter trail will also be provided. Plan to attend and bring a friend!
- Martial Cottle Perimeter Trail - the first phase of the multiuse perimeter is being well utilized and enjoyed! Just a few reminders for everyone's enjoyment - trail is multiuse, so be aware of others on the trail; all of our beloved 4-legged friends (dogs) must be on a leash; all trail users appreciate dog owners picking up after their pets; and, for your safety, remember that the trail closes at dusk! Keep enjoying!
Thursday, 16 January 2014 15:07
- Martial Cottle Park – Perimeter Trail to Open!! Save the Date!! – Saturday, February 1, 10 am.
VEP will Co-host the Ribbon Cutting and Opening of the first phase of the multi-use Perimeter Trail with Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors President Mike Wasserman, and Santa Clara County Parks. Supervisor Wasserman invites neighbors and trail enthusiasts to join him in “walking” the Perimeter Trail. (Additional information in the January VEP Newsletter.)
- Tuesday, January 28, 7:30pm. VEP Meeting, 475 Hyde Park Drive, San Jose, 95136. Presentations will include Update on Martial Cottle Park development, and Santa Clara County Expressways – focus will be on Capitol and Almaden. All are welcome to attend!
- Follow-up on Missing Girl – on Wednesday, Jan 8, SJPD notified VEP that a 15-yr old girl with Downs Syndrome had gone missing from Gunderson. An e-mail alert produced responses from members who had seen her on Hyde Park and then on Vistapark Drive. Some members also helped in the physical search for her. Notification was received at 4pm that she had been located. Additional information was subsequently provided that she had been found north of Capitol Expressway in the Lucky’s Shopping Center area. SJPD expressed their appreciation to everyone who had assisted in the search for her.
- Neighborhoods Commission Requesting Input for San Jose Fire Chief Candidates.
Congratulations to long time VEP resident Rich Giammona, who was recently appointed to the San Jose Neighborhoods Commission, representing District 10. The Commission is asking for input into qualities and skills that residents would like to have in their new Fire Chief. See attachment.