VEP November Update
Tuesday, 11 November 2014 21:41
1. Save the Date - Tuesday, December 2nd, 7:30 - VEP Monthly Membership Meeting. Please Note: Change in Date!!
Santa Clara County Supervisor Mike Wasserman will be the featured guest speaker. Additional Information will also be provided on the Opening of Martial Cottle Park and Trail! Plan now to attend!
2. November 11th - Tuesday, 11am - 2pm - 96th Annual Veteran's Day Parade, Downtown San Jose. Please note that several streets and highway offramps will be closed beginning at 7am until 2:45pm. A Memorial Ceremony will take place at 11am at Plaza de Cesar Chavez in honor of the 1918 Armistice which was "the War to End All Wars". Parade takes place along Delmas Street, Santa Clara Street, Market Street, Park Street, and San Carlos Street. San Jose's Veterans' Day Parade, known as one of the largest in Northern California, honors all who have served, or are currently serving their country. Free Admission!
3. Dave Fadness Acknowledged as "Park Adopter" for Vista Park. The San Jose Parks & Recreation Department has acknowledged Dave for his volunteer service, specifically as an official "park adopter" for Vista Park. A plaque honoring Dave has been placed on a light standard in the park. For additional information on how to become a "park adopter", see the upcoming November edition of the VEP newsletter.
Mayoral Forum on October 29
Thursday, 16 October 2014 07:11
Save the Date: Mayoral Forum, Wed. October 29th 7 PM @ the Library.
All residents are invited to an election forum/meeting being co-sponsored by Erikson Neighborhood Association, Pinehurst Residents Association and VEP Community Association on Weds Oct 29th, 7:00-8:30 pm at the Pearl Ave Branch Library. You'll have a chance to meet and ask questions of the two candidates running for mayor of San Jose. The agenda will be:
7:00-7:30 pm - Sam Liccardo
7:30-8:00 pm - Dave Cortese
8:00-8:30 pm - Stephen McMahon, SJUSD Chief business Officer, to discuss a continuation high school program (Liberty High School) proposed for the Erikson School site beginning school year 2015-2016
VEP September Update
Tuesday, 23 September 2014 19:42
- Save the Date: VEP Membership Meeting, Tuesday, September 30th, 7:30pm, Vista Park Community Room, 475 Hyde Park Drive, San Jose, 95136. Guest Speakers include SJPD Southern Division Commander, Captain Shawny Williams and Open Space Authority General Manager, Andrea Mackenzie, as well as information on Ballot Measure Q. Plan to attend and bring a neighbor!
- Family Fun Event - sponsored by Open Space Authority - Coyote Valley Family Harvest Feast, 11am - 3pm, 550 Palm Avenue, Morgan Hill, Ca. 95037.
- Please Note: Speed Limit Change on Hyde Park Drive. All of Hyde Park Drive is now 25miles/hr. The change was made due to resident concerns and complaints, increased number of accidents, increased safety/visibility issues due to road curvature and greater numbers of cars parked on both sides of the street. Please slow down on all residential streets in the VEP neighborhoods.
- Update on Dave Fadness. Dave was transferred to a skilled nursing facility in Mt. View two weeks ago. Dave states this is "one step closer to going home", which the Fadnesses are hoping will take place in the next several weeks. Dave is optimistic but does miss his home and community very much. They want to thank everyone for their continued well wishes and greetings.
VEP Meeting Tonight!
Tuesday, 29 April 2014 15:33
Tuesday, April 29th, 7:30pm. VEP Community Association Membership Meeting, Vista Park Community Room, 475 Hyde Park Drive, 95136. Presentation on Communications Hill development, and plan for arterial roads - Capitol Expressway/Narvaez/Hwy 87 onramp; Vistapark Drive; Curtner Rd; Monterey Rd. Update on Martial Cottle Park and Trail. Plan to attend and bring a friend - open to all!
VEP Community Service Awards
Friday, 11 April 2014 12:53
Friday, 21 March 2014 15:51
- Saturday morning, March 22nd, Vista Park, 8:45am - 12noon. Beautification project at Vista Park starts at 8:45am with registration, snacks and networking. Project to move 150 yards of wood chips/fibar from parking lot to playlots. Equipment provided, wear sturdy shoes, gloves, and a hat. Gunderson students will participate - adult supervisors needed. Will be finished by 12 noon. Come even if you can only help for an hour or two. Contact Dave Fadness at 408-578-6428 or
- Mayoral Candidates Forum - Thursday, March 29th, 7pm, Gunderson High School Theatre. Five candidates will respond to your questions. Plan now to attend and bring a friend!
- Please Note: The regularly scheduled Tuesday meeting is being replaced by the Mayoral Candidates Forum on Thursday, March 27th.
Mayoral Candidates Forum
Monday, 10 March 2014 12:50
VEP is holding a Mayoral Candidates Forum in the theater at Gunderson High School at 7 pm on Thursday, March 27. This event will be co-sponsored by Almaden Winery Neighborhood Association. San Jose's front-running mayoral candidates will attend, tell us about their platforms and answer audience questions. This is your chance to see and hear them in person, side-by-side.
Tuesday, 25 February 2014 07:23
- VEP Meeting, Tuesday, February 25th, 7:30pm. Meeting held at Vista Park Community Room, 475 Hyde Park Drive, SJ 95136. Featured presenters will include Gerry deYoung, who will speak on Almaden Ranch development, including stores, eateries, and other amenities for this new shopping center located at Almaden Expressway and Cherry. Kevin Lee of Our City Forest, will describe opportunity for VEP regarding discounted tree pruning proposal. Ongoing Update on Martial Cottle Park and the perimeter trail will also be provided. Plan to attend and bring a friend!
- Martial Cottle Perimeter Trail - the first phase of the multiuse perimeter is being well utilized and enjoyed! Just a few reminders for everyone's enjoyment - trail is multiuse, so be aware of others on the trail; all of our beloved 4-legged friends (dogs) must be on a leash; all trail users appreciate dog owners picking up after their pets; and, for your safety, remember that the trail closes at dusk! Keep enjoying!
Page 1 of 2«StartPrev12NextEnd»