Tuesday, 25 February 2014 07:23
- VEP Meeting, Tuesday, February 25th, 7:30pm. Meeting held at Vista Park Community Room, 475 Hyde Park Drive, SJ 95136. Featured presenters will include Gerry deYoung, who will speak on Almaden Ranch development, including stores, eateries, and other amenities for this new shopping center located at Almaden Expressway and Cherry. Kevin Lee of Our City Forest, will describe opportunity for VEP regarding discounted tree pruning proposal. Ongoing Update on Martial Cottle Park and the perimeter trail will also be provided. Plan to attend and bring a friend!
- Martial Cottle Perimeter Trail - the first phase of the multiuse perimeter is being well utilized and enjoyed! Just a few reminders for everyone's enjoyment - trail is multiuse, so be aware of others on the trail; all of our beloved 4-legged friends (dogs) must be on a leash; all trail users appreciate dog owners picking up after their pets; and, for your safety, remember that the trail closes at dusk! Keep enjoying!
Thursday, 16 January 2014 15:07
- Martial Cottle Park – Perimeter Trail to Open!! Save the Date!! – Saturday, February 1, 10 am.
VEP will Co-host the Ribbon Cutting and Opening of the first phase of the multi-use Perimeter Trail with Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors President Mike Wasserman, and Santa Clara County Parks. Supervisor Wasserman invites neighbors and trail enthusiasts to join him in “walking” the Perimeter Trail. (Additional information in the January VEP Newsletter.)
- Tuesday, January 28, 7:30pm. VEP Meeting, 475 Hyde Park Drive, San Jose, 95136. Presentations will include Update on Martial Cottle Park development, and Santa Clara County Expressways – focus will be on Capitol and Almaden. All are welcome to attend!
- Follow-up on Missing Girl – on Wednesday, Jan 8, SJPD notified VEP that a 15-yr old girl with Downs Syndrome had gone missing from Gunderson. An e-mail alert produced responses from members who had seen her on Hyde Park and then on Vistapark Drive. Some members also helped in the physical search for her. Notification was received at 4pm that she had been located. Additional information was subsequently provided that she had been found north of Capitol Expressway in the Lucky’s Shopping Center area. SJPD expressed their appreciation to everyone who had assisted in the search for her.
- Neighborhoods Commission Requesting Input for San Jose Fire Chief Candidates.
Congratulations to long time VEP resident Rich Giammona, who was recently appointed to the San Jose Neighborhoods Commission, representing District 10. The Commission is asking for input into qualities and skills that residents would like to have in their new Fire Chief. See attachment.
Renew your VEP Membership!
Download the VEP Application, and mail it in today!