VEP Meeting on Tuesday at 7:30 PM
VEP Membership Meeting, Tuesday, November 26, 7:30 PM to be held at the Vista Park Community Room, 475 Hyde Park Drive, San Jose, 95136. Presentations include additional information on:
- Homelessness in San Jose – issues and resources available by EHC LifeBuilders
- Caring for our streets by Our City Forest
- Special tips for staying safe over the holidays and an update from TAPS Security Patrol.
1. This Saturday afternoon, November 16th, from 1-4pm – Cleanup Project at Branham Lane and Hwy 87. Councilmember Khamis’ office is partnering with VEP, along with Cal-Trans, and San Jose Anti-Graffiti & Litter team in an effort to deter homeless encampments in this area. The focus will be on pruning low-hanging tree branches and clearing litter. Litter bags and pickup sticks will be provided, but please bring your own pruning shears and sturdy metal rakes. Please contact Dave Fadness at
or call 408-578-6428 or Rayshelle Brant in Councilmember Khamis’ office at 408-535-4910 or
for additional information. We look forward to seeing you Saturday afternoon!
3. Save the Date – Tuesday, November 26th - VEP Meeting, 7:30pm.
Next VEP Meeting: Tuesday, October 29
Please join us for our next VEP General Meeting on Tuesday, October 29 at 7:30 PM at the Vista Park Community room.
- Homeless Encampments - San Jose City - Reporting Process presented by Ray Bramson, Homeless Response Team
- Medicare & the Affordable Care Act - Picking the Right Plan for You or a Loved One presented by Connie Corrales, Program Director, Sourcewise
- Special Guest - Former Councilmember Nancy Pyle
Next VEP Meeting: Tuesday, September 24
Starting at 6:30 PM, join us for the Vista Park Community Room Gates Dedication & Ribbon Cutting Ceremony.
Starting at 7:30 PM is our general meeting.
- Martial Cottle Park - update on fall construction plans. Presentation by Alicia Flynn, Project Manager and Don Rocha, Park Manager
- Private Security Patrols - presentation by TAPS Security
- San Jose Water Company - Water Main Pipe Breaks - What to Do in an Emergency
- VEP Business Meeting
Vista Park Project – Construction Around Community Room, Starting Monday, August 12th.
Monday, 12 August 2013 21:33
The City of San Jose will be initiating a project to install art gates beginning this week. The purpose of the gates is to provide security for the community room as well as bring art into neighborhood parks.
If you are a visitor to Vista Park during the next 2 to 3 weeks, be aware there will be light construction next to the Community Room building, on the parking lot side. This will include removal and re-construction of some areas of the sidewalk. Public restrooms will continue to be available during the construction, but at times will be accessible only through the east side of the building next to the basketball courts.
For your safety, please use caution and observe signs.
Update on Security Patrols Proposal
Update on Security Patrols Proposal – following a positive response to the proposal for security patrols in the VEP neighborhoods at the May 28th VEP meeting, First Alarm Security & Patrol will be mailing an information postcard this week to all residents living in the geographical VEP area. If you would like additional information on specifics of the program and/or wish to sign up for the service, please contact Teresa Larkin, at 408/364-1110 x2902 or
Please Note: This is a voluntary program for VEP residents. For the program to go forward, a minimum number of households will need to sign up for the service. VEP does not endorse products or services, but does assist in providing information.
Next VEP Meeting: Tuesday, May 28
May’s general membership meeting:
- Presentations to include: Update on Santa Clara Water District; and Proposal for Security Patrols for VEP Neighborhood.
- The first guest speaker will be Linda LeZotte, District 4 Director for the Santa Clara Water District Board of Directors. Ms. LeZotte will give a brief presentation on the Past, Present, and Future of the Water District. There will be an opportunity to ask questions and receive information on the budget and recently passed parcel tax.
- The second guest speaker will be Teresa Larkin, Chief Administrative Officer for First Alarm Security & Patrol, Inc. Ms. Larkin will provide detailed information on a proposal for security patrols as well as additional security benefits First Alarm can provide to the VEP neighborhood. Focus will be on answering attendees’ questions regarding the proposal.
- VEP Business Meeting/Updates/Announcements. Members will be asked to elect the slate for the VEP Board of Directors.
- Your Concerns and Ideas – We want to hear from you! Together we can work toward positive resolution. This approach continues to make VEP neighborhoods strong, healthy, and attractive. This will be an exciting and informative meeting. We look forward to seeing you, your friends and neighbors, on May 28th. This is the last scheduled meeting prior to Summer break. Please join us!
Items of Interest for April
- Saturday morning, April 20th. The Great American Litter Pick Up. Registration at Vista Park begins at 8am. Refreshments, and pickup supplies will be available. As you drive or walk through our neighborhoods, have you noticed areas that need some assistance in removing litter? Come and join your neighbors for a couple of hours and make our VEP community more attractive. This activity qualifies for high school students needing to meet their volunteer hours requirement. Following the pickup, volunteers will be served lunch!
- Saturday, April 27th – Gunderson High School Beautification Day. Students will be doing cleanup, spreading wood chips, and tree planting. Needed: adult supervisors and wheelbarrows. Contact Dave Fadness at
or 408-578-6428 for additional information.
- Tuesday, April 30th – VEP Meeting, 7:30pm, Vista Park Community Room. (Please note – meeting is scheduled for the last Tuesday of the month!). Featured guest speaker will be Santa Clara County Supervisor Mike Wasserman.
- Saturday, May 4th – VEP Neighborhood Garage Sale. Free to all VEP residents. VEP does the advertising. Plan now to have all of your “treasures” ready to put out and sell on the first Saturday in May!
Page 1 of 2«StartPrev12NextEnd»